Alphabetized

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Search Movie

The Fighter (2010)

>> Monday, February 28, 2011



Plot:
A look at the early years of boxer "Irish" Micky Ward and his brother who helped train him before going pro in the mid 1980s.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0964517/

My Comment:
Despite of the ordinary plot, Melissa Leo and Christian Bale grabbed oscars for their performance. I must admit, I was surprised by Christian Bale with his appearance which was stunning. However, I still don't know why this movie got nominated for best picture. It was so ordinary compared with other nominated movies. Overall, it's only good but not extraordinary.

IMDb Rating: 8.1 / 10
My Rating: 7 / 10

Awards:

Academy Awards 2011:
Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role: Christian Bale
Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role: Melissa Leo

Golden Globes Awards 2011:
Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture: Christian Bale
Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture: Melissa Leo


Austin Film Critics Association 2010:
Best Supporting Actor: Christian Bale

Other 18 Awards Won



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors

Let's Rate Movies

Let's Rate Movies was based on my personal comments on movies, you can consider me as a guide on those movies

Total Pageviews

Easy Listening Vocal Jazz

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP