Alphabetized

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Search Movie

Shi Yue Wei Cheng (Bodyguards and Assassins) (2009)

>> Tuesday, April 12, 2011



Plot:
In 1905, the revolutionary Sun Wen intends to visit Hong Kong to discuss his plans for revolution with fellow Tongmenghui members. Ultimate goal is to overthrow the corrupt Qing dynasty. However, a group of assassins is sent to kill Sun.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1403130/

My Comment:
From the very beginning, I could feel the misery of the story. Even though it was about the plan of the Chinese republican uprising, it was centered on the "heroes" personal life. It's the drama of the crucial politic event in China. I also discovered that this movie implicitly delivered the culture shock between democratic (Western) and Imperialism (God-mandate). I really like that many great actors played in it. Mengke Bateer played in it! Even though some of the stories were fictional, I believe that it might occur in the past especially about sacrifices. However, I was hoping that Donnie Yen played a better role.
PS: I cried a lot...

IMDb Rating: 6.9 / 10
My Rating: 8 / 10

Awards:

Asian Film Awards 2010:
Best Actor: Xueqi Wang
Best Supporting Actor: Nicholas Tse

Hong Kong Film Critics Society Awards 2010:
Film of Merit
Best Actor: Xueqi Wang



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors

Let's Rate Movies

Let's Rate Movies was based on my personal comments on movies, you can consider me as a guide on those movies

Total Pageviews

Easy Listening Vocal Jazz

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP