Alphabetized

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Search Movie

The Last King of Scotland (2006)

>> Friday, April 8, 2011



Plot:
Based on the events of the brutal Ugandan dictator Idi Amin's regime as seen by his personal physician during the 1970s
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0455590/

My Comment:
Forest Whitaker is brilliant. I had goosebumps watching him played Idi Amin. It felt so real. It was joyous at the beginning, Idi Amin became a promise for the new Uganda. The story was wider when Dr. Garrigan involved too deep to the government. This movie delivered the half fiction movie became almost like real. Because some of the events were real however it was twisted a bit. In addition, this movie succeeded made an ambiance of thrill living in a militant country. I was so scared of what would happen next, so that I closed my eyes, wishing this movie would end soon.

IMDb Rating: 7.8 / 10
My Rating: 8 / 10

Awards:

Academy Awards 2007:
Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role: Forest Whitaker

Golden Globes 2007:
Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama: Forest Whitaker

BAFTA 2007:
Alexander Korda Award for Best British Film: Andrea Calderwood, Lisa Bryer, Charles Steel, Kevin Macdonald, Peter Morgan, Jeremy Brock
Best Actor in a Leading Role: Forest Whitaker
Best Screenplay - Adapted: Peter Morgan, Jeremy Brock

Other 29 Awards Won



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors

Let's Rate Movies

Let's Rate Movies was based on my personal comments on movies, you can consider me as a guide on those movies

Total Pageviews

Easy Listening Vocal Jazz

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP