Alphabetized

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Search Movie

The King's Speech (2010)

>> Sunday, March 27, 2011



Plot:
The story of King George VI of Britain, his impromptu ascension to the throne and the speech therapist who helped the unsure monarch become worthy of it.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1504320/

My Comment:
This movie left me in amazement. It's brilliant, superb! Colin Firth is a genius, might take time to learn stammering like that. I had a slight tearjerker moment. This movie was too good to be true especially for the friendship between the Lionel and Bertie, and the inspiring history. I checked it true the trustful source, and the story was true. Now I get it, why this movie succeeded gaining oscars. Helena Bonham Carter also had an important role in this movie, unlike in Harry Potter movies. It's funny to see that Helena Bonham Carter (Bellatrix) and Timothy Spall (Pettigrew) were on the good side (Harry Potter).

IMDb Ratimg: 8.4 / 10
My Rating: 9 / 10

Awards:

Academy Awards 2011:
Best Achievement in Directing: Tom Hooper
Best Motion Picture of the YearIain Canning, Emile Sherman, Gareth Unwin
Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role: Colin Firth
Best Writing, Screenplay Written Directly for the Screen: David Seidler

Golden Globes Awards 2011:
Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama: Colin Firth

Austin Film Critics Association 2010:
Best Actor: Colin Firth

Other 35 Awards Won



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors

Let's Rate Movies

Let's Rate Movies was based on my personal comments on movies, you can consider me as a guide on those movies

Total Pageviews

Easy Listening Vocal Jazz

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP