Alphabetized

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Search Movie

Bend It Like Beckham (2002)

>> Monday, April 18, 2011



Plot:
The daughter of orthodox Sikh rebels against her parents' traditionalism by running off to Germany with a football team (soccer in America).
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0286499/

My Comment:
I was hoping that I would get a light romantic movie, when western meet eastern just like Bride and Prejudice. I got disappointed a little, it was light but I didn't get the chemistry nor excited. It was just so-so. This movie might be the first movies of Jonathan Rhys Meyers and Kiera Knightley because they didn't act so good. I just don't get it why this movie got nominated on Golden Globes, was in the box-office and categorized on comedy (it really was not a comedy!). Overall, just okay.

IMDb Rating: 6.9 / 10
My Rating: 6 / 10

Awards:

British Comedy Awards 2002:
Best Comedy Film

Guild of German Art House Cinemas 2003:
Foreign Film (Ausländischer Film): Gurinder Chadha

U.S. Comedy Arts Festival 2003:
Best Feature: Gurinder Chadha

Other 14 Awards Won



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors

Let's Rate Movies

Let's Rate Movies was based on my personal comments on movies, you can consider me as a guide on those movies

Total Pageviews

Easy Listening Vocal Jazz

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP