Alphabetized

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Search Movie

Atonement (2007)

>> Tuesday, April 5, 2011



Plot:
Fledgling writer Briony Tallis, as a 13-year-old, irrevocably changes the course of several lives when she accuses her older sister's lover of a crime he did not commit. Based on the British romance novel by Ian McEwan.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0783233/

My Comment:
I hesitated watching this movie, because I knew that I would shed a tear. But, I must say, this movie was incredibly good. With the World War 2 background, it turned to be more dramatic. Spoiler Alert! I was relieved that Robbie and Cecilia both died, then they wouldn't feel hurt for losing. And the only redemption that Briony could do was writing about her mistakes. Keira and James played wonderfully, I wish that they could be together in real life. I think that this movie has a brilliant script, it's beautiful. In addition, the original score was fantastic.

IMDb Rating: 7.8 / 10
My Rating: 7.5 / 10

Academy Awards 2008:
Best Achievement in Music Written for Motion Pictures, Original Score: Dario Marianelli

Golden Globes 2008:
Best Motion Picture - Drama
Best Original Score - Motion Picture: Dario Marianelli

BAFTA Awards 2008:
Best Film: Tim Bevan, Eric Fellner, Paul Webster
Best Production Design: Sarah Greenwood, Katie Spencer

Other 18 Awards Won



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors

Let's Rate Movies

Let's Rate Movies was based on my personal comments on movies, you can consider me as a guide on those movies

Total Pageviews

Easy Listening Vocal Jazz

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP