Alphabetized

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Search Movie

A History of Violence (2005)

>> Wednesday, October 6, 2010



Plot:
A mild-mannered man becomes a local hero through an act of violence, which sets off repercussions that will shake his family to its very core.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0399146/

My Comment:
What can I say? This movie was really trying to get the suspense and the drama. Succeed on the drama, but failed on the suspense. Maybe the director tried to make the actors viewed as indescribable character, but I couldn't feel the empathy. And, i felt that the connection between the first story of the killing which led to Tom's brother, Richie, was a mess. I don't think that I'm going to recommend this movie to others.

IMDb Rating : 7.6 / 10
My Rating : 6 / 10

Awards:

Austin Film Critics Association 2006:
Best Supporting Actor: William Hurt

Bodil Awards 2006
Best American Film (Bedste amerikanske film): David Cronenberg

Central Ohio Film Critics Association 2006:
Best Direction: David Cronenberg
Best Picture
Best Supporting Performance: Maria Bello

Other 21 Awards Won



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors

Let's Rate Movies

Let's Rate Movies was based on my personal comments on movies, you can consider me as a guide on those movies

Total Pageviews

Easy Listening Vocal Jazz

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP