Alphabetized

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Search Movie

The Young Victoria (2009)

>> Sunday, August 1, 2010



Plot:
A dramatization of the turbulent first years of Queen Victoria's rule, and her enduring romance with Prince Albert.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0962736/

My Comment:
I always like to watch "based on true story" movie. This one was one of my favorite "based on true story" movie. I love the romances. I felt that the love between Queen Victoria and Prince Albert was so big and they were really in love. That must be because of the great artists that played this movie. Emily Blunt and Rupert Friend absolutely succeeded deliver the love to the audience. The costumes were great. But, this movie was only focusing on Queen Victoria's love, not on her sovereignty and on how she managed England. It seemed that it was just a soap opera. But overall, love is everywhere..

IMDb Rating : 7.2 / 10
My Rating : 7 / 10


Awards:

Academy Awards 2010:
Best Achievement in Costume Design: Sandy Powell

BAFTA Awards 2010:
Best Costume Design: Sandy Powell
Best Make Up & Hair: Jenny Shircore

Broadcast Film Critics Association Awards 2010:
Best Costume Design

Other 5 Awards Won

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors

Let's Rate Movies

Let's Rate Movies was based on my personal comments on movies, you can consider me as a guide on those movies

Total Pageviews

Easy Listening Vocal Jazz

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP