Alphabetized

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Search Movie

Yip Man (Ip Man) (2008)

>> Wednesday, July 14, 2010



Plot:
A semi-biographical account of Yip Man, the first martial arts master to teach the Chinese martial art of Wing Chun.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1220719/

My Comment:
This movie was incredibly good. Donnie Yen acted fantastic, make me like him more than before. This movie got the touching drama. Brilliant in delivering the characters especially Yip Man. Really good on how to put the story to be a good plot. Good fight! Even though Yip Man in his real life had a lot of problems including opium addiction, but this movie could erase all the negative things (I can see that the director gave us a clue when Yip Man was smoking (scene)). You should watch this movie, I'm telling you!

IMDb Rating : 8.2 / 10
My Rating : 7 / 10

Awards:

Beijing Student Film Festival 2009:
Jury Award: Best Actor: Donnie Yen
Students' Choice Award: Favorite Director: Wilson Yip

Fant-Asia Film Festival 2009:
Jury Prize: Technical Achievement

Hong Kong Film Awards 2009:
Best Action Choreography: Sammo Hung Kam-Bo, Kuang Hsiung
Best Picture: Bak-Ming Wong

Other 5 Awards Won

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors

Let's Rate Movies

Let's Rate Movies was based on my personal comments on movies, you can consider me as a guide on those movies

Total Pageviews

Easy Listening Vocal Jazz

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP