Alphabetized

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Search Movie

8: The Mormon Proposition (2010)

>> Tuesday, July 27, 2010



Plot:
A scorching indictment of the Mormon Church's historic involvement in the promotion & passage of California's Proposition 8 and the Mormon religion's secretive, decades-long campaign against LGBT human rights.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1484522/

My Comment:
This documentary movie was brilliant. Reed Cowan set the details perfectly. There was secret conspiracies on the church, unfairness, disgust, nontransparent situation. This movie was good but not too good to be a movie. This movie reminds me of Harvey Milk. Harvey Milk was struggling for politics, but this movie was struggling for equality. How they can have the same rights with other people who were not gay.
What I don't like about this movie was the title. The stressing part was not on the proposition but on the church's conspiracies and the gay organization. Marriage was only a part of the rights that they demand.
I just can't get this quote by Gayle Ruzicka out of my mind
"If they believe in after life, you believe in God, if you believe in God, you have to practice his rules"

IMDb Rating : 6.7 / 10
My rating : 7 / 10




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors

Let's Rate Movies

Let's Rate Movies was based on my personal comments on movies, you can consider me as a guide on those movies

Total Pageviews

Easy Listening Vocal Jazz

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP