Alphabetized

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Search Movie

Tau Ming Chong (The Warlords) (2007)

>> Wednesday, May 19, 2010



Plot:
It's a heroic tale of three blood brothers and their struggle in the midst of war and political upheaval. It is based on "The Assassination of Ma," a Qing Dynasty (1644-1911) story about the killing of general Ma Xinyi. The story was filmed by Zhang Che in 1973 as The Blood Brothers.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0913968/

My Comment:
I thought it was going to be a happy end (which it would be impossible for Chinese war movies). I cried hard when General Pang had to kill men for his nation. It was the toughest bravest thing to do. Especially when he had to breach his brotherhood's pledge. The point is I hate government that's full of conspiracy, just like this movie. Nice interpretation!

IMDb Rating : 7.1 / 10
My Rating : 7 / 10


Awards:
Asian Film Awards 2007:
Best Visual Effects: Yuen Fai Ng

Beijing Student Film Festival 2008:
Best Visual Effect

Golden Horse Film Festival 2008:
Best Director: Peter Chan
Best Film

Other 11 Awards Won

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors

Let's Rate Movies

Let's Rate Movies was based on my personal comments on movies, you can consider me as a guide on those movies

Total Pageviews

Easy Listening Vocal Jazz

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP