Alphabetized

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Search Movie

Okuribito (Departures) (2008)

>> Sunday, March 14, 2010



Plot:
A newly unemployed cellist takes a job preparing the dead for funerals.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1069238/

My Comment:
This movie touched my heart. A sacred job but people looked down on it. And this movie was really unique and artfully. You can see the art on preparing the dead for funerals traditionally from Japan, and it was really exciting to see. Over all, It was one good movie

IMDb Rating : 8.1 / 10
My Rating : 8 / 10

Awards:

Academy Awards 2009:
Best Foreign Language Film of the Year
Japan.

Asia Pacific Screen Awards 2009:
Best Performance by an Actor: Masahiro Motoki

Asian Film Awards 2009:
Best Actor: Masahiro Motoki

Other 31 Awards Won

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors

Let's Rate Movies

Let's Rate Movies was based on my personal comments on movies, you can consider me as a guide on those movies

Total Pageviews

Easy Listening Vocal Jazz

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP