Alphabetized

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Search Movie

Anastasia (1956)

>> Saturday, November 19, 2011



Plot:
An opportunistic Russian businessman tries to pass a mysterious impostor as the Grand Duchess Anastasia. But she is so convincing in her performance that even the biggest skeptics believe her.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0048947/

My Comment:
I smirked all the time during the movie. I never imagined that it would be an exaggerated dramatic movie. The cartoon version of Anastasia no doubt is dazzling, however the real live action is disappointing. I could not feel the love between the General and Anastasia, could not see it in their eyes. The only good thing about this movie is Helen Hayes, she was marvelous, that was the real acting. I do not like how they talked so fast without emotionally attached with what they're saying...

IMDb Rating: 7.1 / 10
My Rating: 5 / 10

Awards:

Academy Awards 1957:
Best Actress in a Leading Role: Ingrid Bergman
Ingrid Bergman was not present at the awards ceremony.
Cary Grant accepted on her behalf.

Golden Globes Awards 1957:
Best Motion Picture Actress - Drama: Ingrid Bergman

David di Donatello Awards 1957:
Best Foreign Actress (Migliore Attrice Straniera): Ingrid Bergman

National Board of Review, USA 1956:
Best Actor: Yul Brynner
Also for The King and I (1956) and The Ten Commandments (1956).

New York Film Critics Circle Awards:
Best Actress: Ingrid Bergman



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors

Let's Rate Movies

Let's Rate Movies was based on my personal comments on movies, you can consider me as a guide on those movies

Total Pageviews

Easy Listening Vocal Jazz

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP