Alphabetized

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Search Movie

Emma (1996)

>> Sunday, October 2, 2011



Plot:
In rural 1800s England things go bad for a young matchmaker after she finds a man for another woman.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116191/

My Comment:
I was excited to watch this movie since I am a fan of Jane Austen. A lot of people praise this movie, but in contrast, I am disappointed. I have not read the book yet, but I am sure the original story is lovely. I must say that this movie is a failure. Boring and unexpected quality of Gwyneth. And the worst thing was, no love sparks and chemistry between the leading actors. However, there is still a good thing about this movie. I love the ending.

IMDb Rating: 6.8 / 10
My Rating: 6 / 10

Awards:

Academy Awards 1997:
Best Music, Original Musical or Comedy Score: Rachel Portman

London Critics Circle Film Awards 1997:
British Actor of the Year: Ewan McGregor
Also for Trainspotting (1996), Brassed Off (1996) and The Pillow Book (1996).

Satellite Awards 1997:Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Comedy or Musical: Gwyneth Paltrow



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors

Let's Rate Movies

Let's Rate Movies was based on my personal comments on movies, you can consider me as a guide on those movies

Total Pageviews

Easy Listening Vocal Jazz

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP