Alphabetized

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Search Movie

The Cure (1995)

>> Sunday, November 7, 2010



Plot:
Dexter, age 11, who has AIDS, and his next door neighbor Eric, a little older and much bigger, become best friends. Eric also becomes closer to Dexter's mother than to his own, who is neglectful and bigoted and violently forbids their friendship upon learning of it. When they read that a doctor in distant New Orleans claims to have found a cure for AIDS, the boys leave home on their own, planning to float down the Mississippi river and find him. Written by Paul Emmons
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112757/

My Comment:
It was such a wonderful story. I don't really like this kind of movie, cause I always get teary (it's a compliment!). It was a really nice described bestfriend-ship between Erik and Dexter. And a great plot even though it was a "I know what would be the end" movie. It's a must! to watch this movie.

IMDb Rating : 7.5 / 10
My Rating : 8 / 10

Awards:
Cinekid 1995:
Audience Award

YoungStar Awards:
Best Performance by a Young Actor in a Drama Film: Brad Renfro



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors

Let's Rate Movies

Let's Rate Movies was based on my personal comments on movies, you can consider me as a guide on those movies

Total Pageviews

Easy Listening Vocal Jazz

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP